Notabli was designed and built for private, kid-related content, with the option to selectively share individual moments publicly.
Who We Are
We are Super Important Company (“we”, or “us”), a Delaware Corporation with offices at 209 College Street, 3E, Burlington, Vermont. We are the controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the Notabli website and mobile applications.
OWNERSHIP And Management OF Personal Data
You have complete control over the information and content you provide to Notabli. You retain ownership of all intellectual property rights for content you add to Notabli. You can modify, export, or delete any content you have added. You can also delete your entire account at any time - though we’d love for you to stay.
- If you have posted moments to Notabli, you can export them by visiting notabli.com/settings and clicking the "Export My Moments" button.
- If you would like to delete your account, kid profiles you manage, or moments associated with your account, please contact us at email@example.com
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT
When you create an account we collect specific personal information that you voluntarily provide, like your name, picture, email address and phone number, as well as non-personally identifying information like gender. We use this information to allow you to use Notabli, and to send you updates and information about our products and services.
Information we collect
- Name and contact details (such as name, gender, address, email);
- Information about the kids you add to Notabli (including name, gender, and birthdate);
- Payment information (transferred securely to Stripe in exchange for token; we do not store your payment information);
- Information on your use of the website and mobile apps;
- Personal data included in content uploaded by you to Notabli;
- Personal data included in comments posted by you on the website or mobile apps;
- Personal data of individuals you wish to share your uploaded content with (such as name and email address);
- Any other information that you have provided us (such as your profile picture, the comments and hearts/likes you leave and whether you would like to receive our newsletter).
How we use the personal data we collect
- To create an account for your use on Notabli;
- To enable your requests to connect to family and friends;
- To provide support;
- To analyze how Notabli is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the purpose operating and improving our products and services.
Sharing personal data with third parties
As needed to operate our services, we may share the personal data we collect and receive with the following types of third parties:
- Service providers;
Legal compliance: If required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal data.
Protecting your personal data
We use and maintain reasonable technical and security measures to protect protect your personal data under our control against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, access, disclosure, use, or alteration. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
Personal Data Retention
We retain personal data for the time period necessary to deliver on the purposes for which we collect the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Under most circumstances, we will retain personal data for the duration of your use of the Notabli services or until you request account or data deletion.
ANALYTICS AND COOKIES
TRANSFER OF DATA
To the best of our ability, this data is transferred over a secure connection and stored redundantly on multiple servers across multiple secure facilities operated by Amazon Web Services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share your content when you give us permission to do so by inviting viewers, making a moment public, or sharing to a third-party service, like Facebook or Twitter. Please keep in mind that once content is shared publicly or to a third-party service, we no longer have any control over who can view the shared content or what information is gathered by other people or services.
To add more context to your content, you may choose to add your geo-location. Notabli will request access to your location information, and if approved, you can toggle location on or off for individual moments you post.
CONTACTS AND ADDRESS BOOK
To help you invite family & friends to keep up with your kids, Notabli will request access to your Contacts. We transmit this information securely and it is not stored.
All content provided to Notabli about children under the age of 13 is provided with parental consent, to comply with The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and because it’s the right thing to do. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We require parental/guardian consent to process data related to a child.
EU Personal Data
If you are located in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) related to your personal data.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
When we update this document, we will make the newest version available at notabli.com/privacy and in the most recent release of our mobile applications.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated on 5/24/18 by the folks at Super Important Company who operate Notabli